Got Bugs?

We have a bit of a box elder bug problem at the church.  These bugs are harmless.  But they are annoying.  And I find bugs to be creepy.  But they're part of God's creation, so there we are.  I don't have to like them, but there's lots in life I don't have to like but do have to abide.  If I'm attentive, I might go beyond abiding and actually learn something.   Lent can be like this too.  There are times when it's a drag - I really wanted a cup of coffee this morning - but if we are willing to take a step back and think about things, we can glean new insights about things like patience and perseverance.

So this morning, as I've foregone my cup of Joe and have already released two box elder bugs back into the wild, I will be alert to the Spirit, waiting to see where it will lead me on this Thursday during the fourth week of Lent.

Comments

  1. Just as I was reading this about being alert to the Spirit, I sighted 4 turkeys walking down the sidewalk in front of our house in the darkening mist, an unusual event! I'll have to think about what it might mean.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Safe Harbor