Afternoon

I've had a fuller than expected day, which is why this reflection is coming out as you may be leaving work or preparing for dinner, rather than when you're settling in at the office or enjoying breakfast.
As I look out the window of my church study, I'm struck by what a beautiful afternoon we're enjoying. Though I was less than thrilled by the return of winter earlier this week, I must confess that we have been blessed with something beautiful to look at, and I do so knowing the snow cover won't be here all that long.  So I resolve now to enjoy this fleeting gift.

Our days, too, fly by faster than we ever anticipate.  This Lent is a good season to reflect on the precious gift of time.  How do you use your time?  Do your choices glorify God?  Do they bring you closer to Jesus?  Do they allow room for the Holy Spirit?  Just a few questions for us to ponder this afternoon ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power