Surprised

This morning I found a surprise on my desk.  Someone had left me a bell.  Whether this was the intent, I was reminded that Easter is coming.
At our church we ring bells on Easter morning when we sing our say "Alleluia."  And so, the unexpected appearance of an object of unknown provenance was a moment of grace in Lent, a harbinger of what is to come.  On a cold, grey day, I was able to look forward to the Feast of the Resurrection and imagine what is in store.

As we pursue our Lenten disciplines I hope and pray that each of is able to make use of the great gift of imagination with which we've been blessed by our Creator.  May our thoughts take flight as we contemplate the wondrous things God has done, including raising Jesus from the dead that death might be vanquished and offering us forgiveness that we might not be captive to sin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power