Temptation

I had a meeting in Hanover yesterday afternoon and decided to pick up a cup of tea at Starbucks beforehand.  All was well as I waited my turn and the line moved quickly.  Until I was standing next to the bags of Jamaican Blue Coffee.

Many of you know that I give up coffee for Lent.


Many of you know that Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee is, well, the apotheosis of coffee.


I wanted to buy a bag.  But to what purpose?  To have it sit around for five and a half weeks?  To make it easier to subvert my Lenten discipline?  I'll confess, I picked up a bag and enjoyed the aroma.  But then I put it down.  My Lenten practice meant more to me than a really good cup of Joe.  This doesn't make my virtuous or holy.  Just blessed to enjoy a moment of clarity when I was able to focus on what was truly important, meaningful and, indeed, life giving to me.  I pray that you will have similar moments during this Lenten season.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power