Vacuum

Vacuum.  That's what I'm experiencing this morning as I try to think of something original to write for this day's reflection.  Nothing's coming.  Yet here I am typing.

Ah.  There's something.  The Spirit perhaps?  An insight, perhaps, is at hand: what I'm experiencing this morning is something that has happened when I've wanted to pray.  The desire is there, but the words are not.  Still, I try.  Prayer is one of those activities of the life of faith that is worth giving a go even when we fell the proverbial tank is empty.  In part, because the act of doing can bring us closer to God.  In part, because trying and trying can sometimes help us succeed.  And, in part, because sometimes in the midst of that vacuum the Spirit will appear, surprising us, touching us, bestowing upon us in an unexpected moment God's grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power