Signalling

I've been busy this week.  By telling you this I am indicating that I'm important because only important people are busy.  Or so I've been told.  Anyway, your response to this might be, "So what? I'm busy too" or "Who cares? I've got other things on my mind."  These, and most of the other responses you might offer are all valid.

Still, I've been busy this week.  And I'm telling you this not to send some kind of signal, but simply to state a fact.  I've been busy.  There.  Said.  Done.

Now what?  Well, I've been busy doing ... church stuff.  Planning worship.  Visiting with people.  Going to (holy?) meetings.  You know, church stuff.  You do it.  Go to worship.  Pray for people.  All that jazz.  Unlike me, though, you're probably not telling people.  You're not sending any signals.  Not that you need to know.  God, after all, knows.  God really, really knows.  That's affirming, especially during Lent.

So forget the signals.  Forget making a statement.  Just keep on doing your church stuff.  Because God knows.  And that's all that really matters.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Safe Harbor