Church

It's Sunday morning and I'm at the church.  Early in the morning I have the place to myself.  Nobody else has arrived.  Later, the building will be filled with conversation, music, prayer, the sound of running feet, and more.  But for now - silence.  I'm alone.

Or am I?  I recall the story of the call of Samuel.  The young boy and the his boss, the old priest had the sanctuary to themselves at night.  But God was present, even if they did not recognize his presence.  Is God here?  I pray he is.  And I hope he is where you are, too.  There's a very good chance he is, for Scripture tells us of God's steadfast loyalty.  Wherever we go, whatever may befall us, God will be present.  It may not seem obvious, or even likely, but God is there. And he's here.  So, I'm not alone.  Thank God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Safe Harbor