Goodbye

The Five Colleges book sale is coming up and, as I've done in past years, I'm divesting myself of some of my volumes.  I know I need to do this -- I have too many.  That knowledge won't stop me from buying more, but at least it shows some level of self-awareness.  Giving books to the Five Colleges sale is a way to help the schools and I hope bring somebody in the Upper Valley some happiness.

Yet despite knowing all the reasons I should do this, I still feel like I'm putting friends on an ice floe and sending them to sea to meet their fate.  Pretty dramatic, huh?  Okay, melodramatic.  But we get attached, to attached, to our stuff and ultimately that can be a sin.  During Lent, we should repent for our greediness, for our hoarding, for our failure to share as much as we might with others. So Lent seems like an especially good time for me to try to wade through my library.

So, goodbye books. I hope you bring joy to someone else in the days ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power