What Day Is It?

Today is Tax Day.  And Patriots Day (at least in New England).  It's also the Monday of Holy Week.  Which comes to mind for you first?  Even though I've already filed my taxes, it's still on my mind.  Having long lived in New England, I like  the idea of celebrating The Battle of Lexington and Concord.  But, as a minister, and I hope as a Christian, my first thought turns to this being the Monday of Holy Week.  After the big hoo-ha surrounding Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem, a weird quiet has descended.  Just like people 2,000 years ago, after the excitement of his arrival, we want to know what happens next.  We have a couple of days to think, to pray, to ready ourselves.  For we know what comes next, and thought it's necessary, it isn't pretty: the Passion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power