A New Day

I'm up early today, heading to Boston for a meeting at the Congregational Library.  You'll probably be asleep when I sent this and I'm jealous of you.  Still, I look forward to all this day holds in store.  As I've noted before, this is the day the Lord has made.  This day.  We are called to live it to the fullest, inasmuch as we can.  And to do that, we may need to repent for things we've done, actions we've taken that have led us away from the God who made us.  Everyday, we have a chance to reflect on what we might do -- and we should not have done.  We do this not to engage in some kind of spiritual self abuse, but so we might clear the decks of our spiritual obstacles and be prepared to enjoy what God has in store for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power