Change

I upgraded my computer operating system yesterday and I can confidently report that I am conflicted.  I am sure this change is doing all sorts of wonderful things behind the scenes, that my gigabytes are byting and my hard drive is purring with new found vigor.  But some of the changes, especially to the Word programs I run on my mac, are irritating.  Why mess up what is working really well?  Change just because some designer is feeling clever isn't always a good thing.  In this crazy world of ours, having some things that don't change, that we can always count on, can provide a welcome source of comfort or strength.

Fortunately, we Christians have that something: Jesus Christ, who Scripture tells us, is "the same, yesterday, today, and forever." (Hebrews 13:8)  In this fast-paced, upside-down time of ours, knowing that we can count on the Man from Nazareth, the Messiah, enables us to contend with quarantines, social distancing, even funky new software.  Praise be to God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power