Too Little Time?

Lent's almost over.  Really.

Well, okay we still have more than five weeks left but I just looked at one of the bookcases in my office and saw a devotional about the Seven Last Words of Jesus -- that I bought for Holy Week last year.  And I've already bought a new volume for this year, without really getting to last year's book.  Where's all the time going?  As I get older, I ask this question more frequently.  But then another question comes to mind: why restrict reading about the Passion to Holy Week or Lent?  I've got all year.  I've got study leave.  I can make time to read both books, not to mention some others I have.

Lent is a time to find new perspective, to apologize for our errors.  Creating false categories or limits, barriers to living the full life God wants for us is surely something for which we should repent.

Then I'll start reading that book ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Safe Harbor