The Dump

This morning I went to the dump.  Or should I say the "transfer station"?   Frankly, I'm not sure what it's officially called here in Lebanon; I just know it's where I go to bring boxes to be recycled, trash tossed, debris disposed of, you get the idea.  When we lived in Rockport, Mass. the dump was officially rechristened a transfer station and, hoo boy, that decision from years ago is still a point of contention.

What we call something matters.  There's been a lot of discussion about this in recent years, some helpful, some not.  But names matter.  There's a reason we call this time Advent, and not pre-Christmas.  Something special is going on right now.  With one week to go until Christmas Day, I hope we'll make the most of the Advent season that remains.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power