It's All About to Change ... Or Maybe Not

Tonight's not just the end of the second week of Lent; it's also the last day of Standard Time. Tomorrow, we'll have set our clocks ahead, losing an hour of sleep and gaining an hour of daylight at day's end. Do you feel like you're about to change? To be transformed? That your world will be different? Or will everything be the same, despite the shift? Perhaps a bit of both?

At this point in Lent, I feel a bit of both. I've had a chance to develop my seasonal routine, to work on my disciplines, to engage in some thought and reflection. Yet the normal distractions of everyday life, the personal foibles and failings, remain. Happily, I go to sleep tonight knowing that tomorrow I'll get another shot at getting the balance right, that I'll have another opportunity to work on renewal and a new beginning in the Spirit. And it doesn't even matter if I forget to set my clocks forward ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power