Weather Delay

Like many parents across the Upper Valley, my schedule was disrupted by the inclement weather and the delayed start to the school day it caused.  The special extra time with Chip was welcome but as a preacher preparing for five services in four days, a weather delay would have been far more welcome AFTER Christmas.  However, the timing of snow and ice is something over which I have no control.  What I can exert influence on is my response.  I can begrudge the intrusion into my routine or I can welcome a moment of grace.  This seems like the archetypal no-brainer choice but in our lives we can often be so caught up in what needs to be done and where we need to be and who we have to call and the errand or meeting that demands our attention that it can be difficult to recognize this.  Today, I was fortunate enough to see what had fallen into my lap.  I hope and pray that in these final days of Advent, and in the time that follows, we are all so blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power