God in Odd Places

This morning I received an email from a clergy friend expressing the hope that I was having a good day in ministry.  I had to laugh since at the time I read his message I had just finished dealing with a balky external hard drive in the church office and was in the midst of reviewing budget spreadsheets.  Ministry? Hah!  Ministry? Yes!

Crunching numbers, connecting wires, doing all the unglamorous things that keep the ecclesiastical trains running are part of building the kingdom.  God isn't just to be found in hymns and Scripture.  God is everywhere and Advent is the perfect time to be reminded of this truth, as we are given this season to watch and wait, to see that God will show up in the places we least expect him: in computers, in Excel, in a manger on a winter's night ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power