Time Flies

How did it get to be the eleventh?  While the calendar tells me we're almost halfway through Advent, psychically I'm still at the starting line.  I should be deep into my watching and waiting yet I feel as if I've just gotten my head into the proverbial game.  What to do?  Fret?  Worry over lost time?  Or simply live into the moment?

The answer, of course, is to live into the moment.  This is God's hour and he wants us to be present.  Only by setting aside debilitating distractions and fruitless concerns can we prepare ourselves for the Christ-child's arrival.  So, let the time fly - we'll be carried aloft by the Spirit, brought forth into the wondrous event that is rapidly approaching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power