Psalm 62: What Are You Waiting For?

The psalmist writes that he waits for God and God alone.  What do you wait for?  What am I waiting for?  Lent is a good time for us to ponder this question.

Is God our rock and our salvation - or have we placed our hope elsewhere: a politician, an ideology, the Red Sox, or possibly winning tonight's $400,000,000 jackpot?  Lent is a good time for us to ponder this question.

Do we put our trust in God?  Or do we rely on the market, politicians, celebrities to show us the way?  Lent is a good time for us to ponder this question.

What Are You Waiting For?  Don't answer quickly or rashly.  Reflect on, pray over your answer.  Then, make amends as needed.  That's what Lent is for, after all!

Psalm 62
1  For God alone my soul in silence waits; *
from God comes my salvation.
2  God alone is my rock and my salvation, *
my stronghold, so that I shall not be greatly shaken.
3  How long will you assail me to crush me,
all of you together, *
as if you were a leaning fence, a toppling wall?
4  They seek only to bring me down from my place of honor; *
lies are their chief delight.
5  They bless with their lips, *
but in their hearts they curse.
6  For God alone my soul in silence waits; *
truly, my hope is in God.
7  God alone is my rock and my salvation, *
my stronghold, so that I shall not be shaken.
8  In God is my safety and my honor; *
God is my strong rock and my refuge.
9  Put your trust in God always, O people, *
pour out your hearts before God, who is our refuge.
10  Those of high degree are but a fleeting breath, *
even those of low estate cannot be trusted.
11  On the scales they are lighter than a breath, *
all of them together.
12  Put no trust in extortion;
in robbery take no empty pride; *
though wealth increase, set not your heart upon it.
13  God has spoken once, twice have I heard it, *
that power belongs to God.
14  Steadfast love is yours, O Lord, *
for you repay all people according to their deeds.therefore nations will praise you for ever and ever.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power