Perspective

I'm not feeling very patient right now.  The water main has frozen and we've been without water since yesterday afternoon.  All the DPW can tell me is that a crew is scheduled to work on the problem today.  That's nice, but I want my water now.

As I've gotten hot and bothered about this, I've reflected on more than one occasion just how fortunate we are at the parsonage.  We have bottled water, we can go to the gym to shower, there's always the restroom at the church.  And I have no doubt the water will be restored.  We're dealing with an inconvenience.  There are people who don't have access to these fallback resources.  And around the world there are people who don't have access to running water period.

While there may never be a good time for me to lose water, Lent is as good a moment as any for this to happen.  It offers an opportunity to recalibrate, to gain some perspective, to give thanks for what I have and to pray for patience and the opportunity to help those without.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power