Tired

I'm tired today.  I didn't sleep well last night and before I knew it, much of today had slipped by.  Too much to do, too little time in which to do it.  Writing a reflection seemed like yet one more thing to check off a too-full to-do list.  Yet now as I write this, I know it's more.  It's a time to slow down, reflect, consider what it is I'm doing with this day with which I've been blessed by God.  "Slow down, be quiet, it's Advent" are words with which we're familiar.  "Slow down, be quiet, it's Lent" are ones we should take to heart, too.  If we don't, we'll never have a chance to figure out just what it is we need to set right with God and God's people.  And then we won't be ready for Easter.  And that would be a shame.  So, yes, I'm tired.  But at least for a few moments, when I've had to slow down, I've been able to live a bit more fully into Lent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power