Loving the Law

The lectionary offers two choices from the psalter today: Psalm 51, which we'll read in church today, and Psalm 119.  The latter offers us a view of life in the law that is affirming and inspiring.  Nothing dead, routine, or ritualistic here.  Instead, God's law is something that engages the heart, shapes lives, and is a cause for celebration.  As you read these verses, I invited you to ask yourself how you might delight in God's decrees and precepts, how you might rejoice by following his Way, how you might love the law.

Psalm 119:9-16


How can young people keep their way pure? By guarding it according to your word.
With my whole heart I seek you; do not let me stray from your commandments.
I treasure your word in my heart, so that I may not sin against you.
Blessed are you, O LORD; teach me your statutes.
With my lips I declare all the ordinances of your mouth.
I delight in the way of your decrees as much as in all riches.
I will meditate on your precepts, and fix my eyes on your ways.
I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power