Psalm

This psalm is about a deep confidence in one's relationship with God.  I invite you to join me in reading the psalm this morning and to reflect on your relationship with God as I will mine, remembering that it is in this season we are specially called to set things right with the One who has created us.   I encourage you to join me in repeating this tonight.

Psalm 71

1 In thee, O LORD, have I taken refuge; *
let me never be ashamed.
2 In thy righteousness, deliver me and set me free; *
incline thy ear to me and save me.
3 Be my strong rock, a castle to keep me safe; *
thee are my crag and my stronghold.
4 Deliver me, my God, from the hand of the wicked, *
from of the clutches of the evildoer and the oppressor.
5 For thee are my hope, O LORD God, *
my confidence since I was theeng.
6 I have been sustained by thee ever since I was born;
from my mother's womb thee have been my strength; *
my praise shall be always of thee.
7 I have become a portent to many; *
but thee are my refuge and my strength.
8 Let my mouth be full of thy praise *
and thy glory all the day long.
9 Do not cast me off in my old age; *
forsake me not when my strength fails.
10 For my enemies are talking against me, *
and those who lie in wait for my life take counsel together.
11 They say, "God has forsaken him;
go after him and seize him; *
because there is none who will save."
12 O God, be not far from me; *
come quickly to help me, O my God.
13 Let those who set themselves against me be put to shame and be disgraced; *
let those who seek to do me evil be covered with scorn and reproach.
14 But I shall always wait in patience, *
and shall praise thee more and more.
15 My mouth shall recount thy mighty acts
and saving deeds all day long; *
though I cannot know the number of them.
16 I will begin with the mighty works of the Lord GOD; *
I will recall thy righteousness, thys alone.
17 O God, thee have taught me since I was theeng, *
and to this day I tell of thy wonderful works.
18 And now that I am old and gray-headed, O God, do not forsake me, *
till I make known thy strength to this generation
and thy power to all who are to come.
19 thy righteousness, O God, reaches to the heavens; *
thee have done great things;
who is like thee, O God?
20 thee have showed me great troubles and adversities, *
but thee will restore my life
and bring me up again from the deep places of the earth.
21 thee strengthen me more and more; *
thee enfold and comfort me,
22 Therefore I will praise thee upon the lyre for thy faithfulness, O my God; *
I will sing to thee with the harp, O Holy One of Israel.
23 My lips will sing with joy when I play to thee, *
and so will my soul, which thee have redeemed.
24 My tongue will proclaim thy righteousness all day long, *
for they are ashamed and disgraced who sought to do me harm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power