Ready? Ha!

My next door neighbor just asked me if I'm ready for Christmas.  I know her and like her enough that I honestly answered, "No!"  It's not so much that I'm a minister with various professional duties to discharge, but more like that old Monty Python skit in which the audience is told that no-one is ready for the Spanish Inquisition.  Not that I'm equating the nativity with ecclesiastical violence in any, way, shape or form.  It's more like the scale of the event is so great that despite knowing what's coming, if I'm honest, I'm not ready and in some way, will never be.  That doesn't meant that I'll give up getting ready.  The effort counts, especially during a season of preparation.  So, there are still a few days to Advent.  If you haven't taken the time to reflect, to anticipate, you still can, I still can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power