Clothes Minded

Warning: this post contains absolutely no profound thoughts!

Readers may recall that I recently ordered a clergy shirt and collar. They arrrived in the mail today and I decided to try them on. I must confess, I was a bit weirded out when I looked at myself in the mirror. Who is this guy? I wondered. I looked so ... ecclesiastical! Funny that I've never thought this when donning my robe or stole.


One discovery I made on putting on the collar: I think I know why my Congregationalist colleagues have left the wearing of this bit of clerical garb to our Catholic and Episcopalian brothers and sisters. They're not easy to get on! One has to fumble with buttons and things and, in the process, if you're like me, use language that is most assuredly not sacred.

I plan to debut my new shirt at next weeks Apple Festival, when I'll be grilling hot dogs on the lawn in front of church. Hopefully, people will think that a minister manning the barbecue is fun!

Comments

  1. Interesting post title (also the preceding post).

    Where have I seen this sort of wordplay before?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power