Would You Believe?

While watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade yesterday, I noticed that the Herald Square entrance to the famous store was sporting a new accessory: a BelieveMeter. This device was part of the overall theme of "Believe." The one we were supposed to place our trust in was none other than jolly 'ole Saint Nick.

I didn't notice the meter moving, but I did wonder what it would be like to have one of these gizmos in church. Perhaps I'd be able to gauge the spiritual commitment of the congregation. I'd be able to use this Metric to determine which programs and ministries were working and which needed to be retooled. I could look at the meter after hymns and determine which songs were boosting peoples' faith. The more I thought about this, the more I wanted one.

Then a question came to mind: what happens if the meter drops after I preach?

Hmmm. Maybe I'll just leave the meter to the marketing guys at Macy's ....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power