And Now A Word From Our Underwriters ...

Living here in the Upper Valley, I have the distinct privilege of being able to turn on my radio and enjoy not one but two public radio begathons. And, thanks to the miracle of the internet, if the blandishments of VPR and NHPR aren't enough, I can encounter the virtual tin cup proffered by WQXR in New York. Now don't get me wrong: I understand the need to raise money to pay the bills. And I know government funding provides only a small portion of any public radio station's budget. But it just seems to go and on. And on. Even after I pledge.

Is there any way I can get it to end?

Or, at least, be so brazen about getting people to pledge gifts or time during church over the next month? (Just imagine, a pitch, after every hymn and prayer. Yep. The seventh circle of Hell ...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power