Off To The Races

Well, we're here.  Lent has begun and, frankly, I don't know what to do.

Sure, I can give up something (doing that), take on something else (doing that), pray (yep), and repent (I'll get to that.  Really I will.).  But what do I do right now?  As I write this reflection, it occurs to me that I can be still, listen to the sounds of the world around me.  Perhaps I'll hear God addressing me through the Spirit.

Relying on God isn't something we should save for moments of great peril or need.  We can trust in our Lord all the time.  But can we trust in ourselves to let go and follow Jesus' path?  That's not so easy.

So, I have something to do, now, throughout Lent and the rest of my life: really trust God and follow his Way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power