Rhythm

The snow came early  last year, before I had a chance to rake.  The leaves were left for after winter and I'm now dealing with them.  This morning I took a few bags over to the town dump.  All of this through my rhythm off.  The raking, and blowing, and bagging were supposed to happen before Christmas, not on the eve of Palm Sunday.  But what I expected and what transpired were two different things.  It goes without saying that we cannot predict the future, that long-held patterns may be disrupted.  But the ones that hold offer a sense of constancy in a chaotic world.

Tomorrow we begin holy week, kicking off with Palm Sunday, then making our way to Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday, and finally, Easter.  It will all be familiar.  But don't be surprised if something unexpected happens.  Rely on what you know to deal with unfamiliar. I promise  you that if you're paying attention this coming week you'll see things you know very well -- and you'll come across things that are wholly new.

We still have a week of Lent left. Live into it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power