Cognitive Dissonance

It's Saturday morning and I'm confused.  I know there have been a lot "what day is it?" jokes lately, but I think I have stronger grounds for feeling lost.  You see, yesterday we recorded tomorrow's Palm Sunday service.  That's right.  Holy Week started early for me.  But then it will take place right on schedule, too, as we have a live zoom service.  If ever I've felt cognitive dissonance, this Lent, and especially this Holy Week, is the time.

Schedule have been upended.  Work patterns redrawn.  Meeting formats changed.  Yet what am I complaining about?  I do not in any way, shape, or form mean to diminish the awfulness of what we're experiencing, but, all told, I have no reason to complain.  I have food.  I have the internet.  I have books.  Most important, everyone in my family is safe and well.  If the worst I have to endure is jarring inconvenience, I can do that.  With God's help, we all can.

During these final days of Lent, we might consider where we have been, what we have done, these past five weeks.  Pray over and think about how we have repented, how we have made amends and where we have fallen short.  There's still time to do the work of Lent.  It's not over, no matter what the calendar says ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Safe Harbor