Rainy Day

It's gloomy today.  Rainy, cold, just plain blah.  But it could be worse.  The forecast had originally called for a wintry mix.  I don't know about you, but I'm done with snow for this year.  I'm looking forward to sunshine and warm temperatures, all the things that come with spring and summer.  It's all about perspective, I guess.  Keeping our eyes focused on what matters, and not on the latest distraction or nuisance, is key to navigating Lent.  It's also important to dealing with the coronavirus outbreak.

While it's okay to be annoyed or scared, I don't think we are helped much by panic or unbridled fear. Then we get lost in the morass of our sin, we contribute to the problems surrounding our current health crisis.

The rain will pass.  Lent will end.  The coronavirus will fade.  We will move forward, with God's help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Safe Harbor