Connections

Later today I will head down to the Concord area for a meeting with some other ministers to discuss and plan for this fall's clergy retreat.   I can't say I'm excited.  The drive is about two hours round trip and it's raining today.  I could just as easily stay here in Lebanon, but I'll go.  Sometimes, you see, we have to work to maintain our connections.  Yes, it might be easy to stay put, to let those ties fall by the wayside.  But then one day we'll wake up and find we're alone, something we are not meant to be.

Lent is a time to remember that things we value require effort and care.  It is a time to remember how we have fallen short in tending to those whom we deem important.  And it is a time to re-establish connections, to repent by repairing and renewing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power