Easter is Sunday! Are You Ready?

"Easter is Sunday! Are You Ready?"

This statement and question combo were offered by an internet provider.  The implicit answer is that I'm not but if that I avail myself of their services, all will be well.  Well, perhaps, if my need is a table for a meal.  But if it's to be ready for the resurrection of our Lord?  Um, no.  I am not ready, nor will I be so on Sunday, despite my attempts this Lent to get my spiritual house in order.


Please don't misunderstand; I've tried.  I've prayed.  I've abstained.  I've tried to be more focused.  But the truth is that there is nothing I can do to be fully prepared for the amazing thing that God is going to do.  Still, I try, because I should.  Because I want to.  I'll keep trying after Sunday, too.

What about you?  Are you ready?  Probably not, if you're human.  But that's okay.  Keep on preparing.  God will understand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power