Coming Up Empty?

A confession: I'm not really feeling inspired this morning.  Yes, I could easily bang out some hackneyed reflection for you about grace or perseverance or some such theological concept.  But you, gentle reader, deserve better.  So what to do?

Well, there's what I'm doing right now.  I'm just typing, waiting to see what comes out.  Perhaps the Holy Spirit will give me a nudge.  Or perhaps the Holy Spirit will leave me where I am.  And if that's the case, perhaps I should take a moment to look around, to think about the moment, to see if there's a clue or message to be discerned.'

For example: perhaps, above, I was too quick to dismiss writing about perseverance.  Sometimes, after all, that's exactly what we have to do.  Perhaps in slogging our way through a fallow moment of prayer, or writing, or discipleship, or faith, we are being given an opportunity to acknowledge that God isn't necessarily looking for peak performance but simply our showing up.

So, I've shown up.  And maybe the proverbial well isn't as dry as I thought it was this morning.  Maybe there's still something in the metaphorical tank.  Maybe, just maybe, God has once again surprised me, by giving me the ability to do more than I thought I could.

Hmm.  I'm even beginning to feel inspired.

Which just goes to prove that God does indeed work in mysterious, wonderful ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power