Discipline

I really wanted a cup of coffee this morning.  I thought about that how satisfying a nice cup of joe would be.  But almost immediately I found myself considereding how absolutely pathetic it would be to abandon my Lenten discipline so early in the game.  So I had a cup of hot tea instead.  The tea tasted even better than I expected.  I'm sure a psychologist could explain why.  But I don't need to know why, not really.  What I do need is to give thanks to God for offering this season, with all of its surprises.  You see, Lent isn't about giving up or taking on things so that we may suffer.  It's so that in a time of self-examination prayer, and penitence and we may grow spiritually, in faith, and in our relationship with God.  I'm glad I exercised a little patience, showed a little, well, discipline. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power