Signs of Spring

Today, the signs of spring are all over.  Of course, the calendar says spring arrived back in March, but truth be told, it hasn't felt that way.  This morning, though, I hear birds singing, the sun is shining brightly, and I can just feel it.  Of course, it's still 24 degrees outside. With some snow (albeit not much) on the ground.  So maybe I should just sulk a feel like winter will never end.  But if I do that, I deny reality.

Being in Lent, it's easy to get used to our funk.  We're repenting, focusing on our mortality, and it's as if nothing matters.  But we remember why we do this: to ready ourselves for Easter, the resurrection, God's Reality.  So to heck with the thermometer.  I can see what's coming and it makes me grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Safe Harbor