Bach to Basics

I was lucky enough to grow up listening to WQXR, New York City's classical radio station.  Thanks to the internet, I can still tune in to my favorite source of classical music.  Beginning today, and for the next ten days, 'QXR will be playing all Bach, all the time.  Frankly, I can't think of a better musical companion with whom to spend the rest of Lent.

What about you?  Is there a composer or musician whose work conveys to you something of the divine?  Maybe it's Bach.  Or maybe Bono.  Maybe your preferred genre is classical.  Or maybe it's country.  God, not surprisingly, can speak to us through music of all kinds.  Indeed, there are times he'll choose to catch our attention through musical forms we've always avoided.

I invite you to join me in listening for God in music today and through the remainder of Lent.  In doing so, may you, may I, be strengthened and empowered as we engage in the work, the call of Lenten reflection, repentance and restoration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power