Blank

I've been drawing a blank this morning as I've tried to write a reflection.  Try as I might, nothing has been coming to me.  No prayers that I've read, no devotionals that I've consulted have spoken to me.  Even today's scripture passages from John and Jeremiah, which are rich texts, ripe for exegesis and explication, have failed to elicit a response from me.

This may be a good thing.

No.  Really.

Here's why: during Lent, and indeed throughout the year, it's helpful to be reminded that there will be times when words fail us, when our spiritual imaginations may not be ready to take flight.  These are the moments when we we might be frustrated but should consider being grateful.  For this is when the blank, empty slates of our minds have the most room to offer the Holy Spirit, which seeks to fill us.

So here we are.  I've provided you with a reflection.  Which is all well and fine, but what I really hope you get today is an overflowing helping of God's loving presence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power