Time

If the weather were a person, I'd have to give him or her my compliments.  Just when it looked like we were done with snow and the like, a storm arrived on the last official day of winter.  Now, this being New England, we know that blizzards can make appearances well into early spring.  But our ability to complain, to grouse is limited when the snow falls during winter time -- even if it's at the proverbial eleventh hour.  "Don't blame me," we can hear the weather say, "I'm following the schedule.  I've got until early in the morning of March 20 to snow on you, so don't fault me for doing so!"

Well, just as the weather can make the most of every moment at its disposal, so can we.  We may be thinking about Easter, but we still have a lot of Lent ahead of us.  There's still time to repent, to renew, to reorient ourselves.  We can do this today, tomorrow, and right up until the very end of Lent.  And when it feels we're squeezing in our Lenten activity at the last moment, we, to can say, "Don't blame me.  I'm following the schedule, so don't fault me for doing so!"  I can assure you God won't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power