Best Laid Plans

I wrote what I thought was a pretty good reflection and had it ready to go at 8:30 this morning.  But I was in Boston for a meeting and my wifi hotspot didn't work.  Then the wifi network where we were meeting wasn't available.  So here we are on Saturday night.  Tomorrow we begin one of the banes of modern existence, Daylight Savings Time.  It starts so much earlier and ends so much later in the year than when I was a kid.  Can't we leave anything alone?  Why do we have to mess with time itself?  Part of it is a desire to have the world be more to our liking. Part of it is because we like to play at being God.  But whatever we do, whatever we try, we will fail.  Those proverbial best laid plans will come a cropper.

I'm not saying we should just give up or be resigned, but I do think a little more humility in our approach to the world, to God's creation, might be a good Lenten discipline.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power