Kindness

Yesterday, I went out to shovel the drive.  A foot of snow had already fallen and thanks to the city's efficient plowing, the berm at the end was huge and packed.  A lot of work beckoned.

I had taken no more than two shovelfuls when a pickup with a plow pulled up, the driver smiled, and - wham - the berm was gone.  We exchanged a couple of words and I got back to work.

I don't know the man who was driving the truck.  He just happened by when he could do good.  Some might call it a random act, but I disagree.  He chose to clear my berm.  His act was anything but random.  So, too, with an act of kindness.   They're never random.  Somebody always had to choose to do them.

This Lent, try showing some extra kindness to others.  It will be worth your effort, will make somebody's day, and will please the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power