Early Easter?

I've been receiving emails from Amazon.co.uk for more than a week now encouraging me to take advantage of their "Early Easter Sale" savings.  Question: just what is Early Easter?  Your answer is as good as mine.  Obviously, a marketing gimmick.

Now, as I sip my morning tea and wish it were a cup of coffee, I can see the merit of an Early Easter.  Less Lent!

But that's like shortchanging your diet or exercise regimen or savings plan.  It might feel good at the moment, but you'll be the worse for it in the long run.  We need Lent.  All of it.  The 40 days, and the Sundays, too.  All of it.  In fact, to be honest, Lent should be longer.  But that pose another kind of problem.  Let's just appreciate the Lent we have.  Easter will be here soon enough, there's no need to rush it.

I'm going to live into these last few days of ordinary Lent, throw myself into Holy Week with all it has to offer, and then, on April 1, I'll celebrate the resurrection of Lord.  Early Easter? I'll take a pass. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power