Home Stretch

If you've ever run a race, you're familiar with the home stretch. You've run almost the whole distance, but that last bit needs to be covered before the finish line is crossed. I always found myself focused in those moments and always wanted to go out strong, inevitably finding some well of energy on which I could draw so I could end on a strong note. As a result, I always found myself able to be fully present in the final stages of a race, whether it was a 5K or half marathon. In many ways, it was when I felt most attuned to what was going on.

We're in the home stretch of Advent and Christmas is just over the horizon. I hope that each of us can be fully present to this season of anticipation and preparation over the next few days. If we are, crossing the finish line -- arriving at the manger in Bethlehem -- will be that much more enlivening and fulfilling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power