Priorities

A glance at my desk diary told me I didn't have the time. Meetings. Sermon prep. Christmas services. Etc. Etc. Etc. But the advice from a fellow parent to attend the Advent singing that begins the day at Chip's school was compelling. So this morning I drove to Quechee and slipped into the auditorium with Chip. The kids entered the room, spiraling around the candles with the oldest on the outside, the youngest at the center. Songs ensued, some quiet, some boisterous, all geared to Advent, culminating with Dona Nobis Pacem. It was a joy and blessing to be present. For while the rest of my day may be a bit more crowded and hectic, the time amidst those young singers grounded me for the day ahead, reminding me of my priorities this Advent season: to slow down and be present in God's moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power