Sorry

Politicians do it. Celebrities do it. For all I know, bees do it.

No, not that.

Issue non-apology apologies.

You know: "If any offense has been caused, I most sincerely apologize" or "I've been serving the community for thirty years, doing amazing things, and in this one instance I might possibly, conceivably, in the opinion of overly sensitive people used an unfortunate verbal formulation that might have been construed as a personal attack which, of course, was never, ever my intent. If this is indeed the case, I apologize."

Saying sorry is often a difficult thing to do. Yet acknowledging that we've wronged others is part of repentance. So, a spiritual exercise for today. Think of someone you've wronged; it doesn't matter how or when. Then find them, in person or on the phone but in some way that involves actual contact, and apologize. Doing so may make you feel uncomfortable, but it will clear some space in your heart and soul for the Spirit to work. And when that happens, you won't be sorry!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power