Random

When I told a clergy colleague about my daily Lenten reflections he asked if I based them on the lectionary.  I told him that while I do that some times, I usually write about whatever happens to inspire me that day.  A newspaper story, the weather, something that's happened.  There's really no rhyme nor reason other than my intent to find something that speaks to or about the Lenten journey.  In short, it's rather random.

Randomness is vital to the spiritual life.  By letting things happen, we are stepping back, ceding control.  It's only when we do that that we are able to let the Holy Spirit work in our lives.  And when we do that, we may find ourselves discovering whole new areas of our lives that would benefit from some Lenten attention.  So sit back, let events unfold.  Be random.  Be open to God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power