Calm Before The Storm

For most of you this is a lazy Saturday.  Tomorrow, Christmas Eve will arrive with the sights and sounds of joy and celebration.  Today is a moment to catch your breath.  For me, it's something else.

Tomorrow is the marathon of church Sundays, with four services.  It will all be great.  The services have been planned, the music arranged.  It will be glorious.  But I'm already on edge. There isn't enough time.  There are still things to do.  The clock is ticking.  For me, this Saturday is filled with tension.  And that's too bad, because that's just one of the many ways that we are drawn away from what makes Advent so powerful.  This has been a season of waiting, praying and preparation.  When I've been attuned to what is important, I've felt closer to God and more ready for the miracle of Jesus' birth.  Why would I want to be any other way?

So, yes, I'll still fret and worry that something will go wrong.  I still need a magus for tomorrow night.  But it's going to happen anyway.  So I may as well enjoy these last hours of Advent.  I hope you will, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power