Last Chance?

I've been receiving A LOT of emails the past couple of days encouraging me to get my order in NOW if I want my loved ones to receive their products in time for Christmas.  Wouldn't want my order from Stuff.com to be late for the Feast of the Nativity, would I?

As we get older, we all seem to indulge in the same past time: regretting the degradation of Christmas.  When we were kids, people were more faithful, society more respectful, customs observed, etc. etc.  While there are indeed new developments in seasonal hucksterism, people have been offering this complaint for generations.

Presents and gifts are nice.  So are decorations and parties.   But they're beside the point.  If we truly want to mark Jesus' birthday, we should reflect on the meaning of his life, and how it informs ours.  That simple, that hard.  The good news, calendars notwithstanding, is that we will have many, many chances.  Take that deadlines!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power