Grace

I've had two experiences in the last 24 hours that exemplified grace, which is the unwarranted, unexpected gifts we receive from God.

The first was the surprise that somebody, I still do not know who, plowed our driveway.  For those of you not who do not live in the Upper Valley, we received two feet of snow.  Somebody spared me hours of shoveling.

The other was that the person ahead of me in the drive-through line, identity unknown, at Dunkin' Donuts paid for my order this morning.

My response was one of gratitude and, frankly, surprise.  This is what grace is like and these acts were a wonderful Advent gift.

In the coming days we will celebrate Christmas and the greatest act of grace of all time: the blessing of Jesus.  For this, we should all say thanks and express our gratitude, and perhaps do things that will seem like acts of grace to others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power