Time's Running Out

This morning I had this sudden realization that Christmas is almost here.  With it came a brief twinge of panic.  Now, it's not as if I've been ignoring Christmas.  I've known all along when it was going to happen.  And I've even tried to live into Advent.  But there was that sudden frisson of time running out that I couldn't shake.  Services to prepare, meetings to attend, other things that need to be by a date certain.  So, what to do?


One option is to procrastinate.  As my first boss used to say, "There's nothing you can do today that won't wait until tomorrow."

Another option would be to run around in a frenzy.

And then there's the Advent option.  Take a moment to pray, to sit with God, to get ready and then attack the work that needs to be done.  Christmas is coming!  But not for a week and a half ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power