Unexpected Grace

Yesterday while I was taking the dog for a walk I was delighted to spot a snow owl.  I got a good look at the great bird but before I could snap a picture, he took wing and flew away.  That was an impressive sight.  Imagine my pleasure when walking back I saw the same owl had returned to his perch.   This time he stayed put and I had a chance to photograph him before he flew off.  This owl was a reminder of the nature of God's grace: it surprises us and is beyond our control.  It's also something we have a better chance of experiencing if we are alert and observant to what is going on in God's Creation.

This Lent I hope that through prayer, reflection, and repentance we will all be able to open our hearts, minds, and souls to God's life-giving grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psalm 51:1-18: Sacrifice

Shortest Day

Girl Power